Pages

Sunday 13 February 2011

New Twitter account & News

I have created a Twitter account yesterday, so if you want to follow me, just click!
http://twitter.com/#!/Expatscience

I will up-date with the news regarding all my activities.

I've been very busy in the last days! Setting up a website (Thanks Andy!!), working on my own personal development plan (thanks Manuela!!), and running a first series of workshops in an international school  (thanks Nel!!). The feedback we received from workshop participants was absolutely encouraging! There is a big need for expats or international people to share their experiences and understand better why it's difficult to settle abroad in spite of the excitement! We offered to international mothers (7 participants, 7 nationalities!) a 6 h program (2 mornings) to learn to better cope with acculturation stress, cultural learning including communication, and discussed about their main issues and how some techniques can help to deal with painful feelings such as anger, depression, sense of isolation, etc.

I also wrote a paper that will be soon be published on expatarrival.com. When I know more, I will let you know via Twitter! :-)

And finally, great news: I got the first three chapters of my book edited by a native English speaker, so I will made some corrections and send it to publishers & agents in a few days. If any of you have some agent or publishers that you can recommand to me, you are most welcome! I do not have any strong link to the publishing business so far, so any info there will help. I am going to select them from the 'Writers and artists yearbook 2011'. So if you know a better solution, do not hesitate to twitt me or send me an email.

Next posting soon, stay tuned!

No comments: